Where we stand:
Oregon PTA provides advocacy services for its members, guided by a legislative platform and resolutions approved by members. Advocacy is also consistent with the National PTA Federal Policy Agenda.
Calls to Action- Oregon PTA uses a robust online advocacy tool called “Engage” to provide you with the latest information on issues, and request your advocacy help, including calls to action. Please be on the lookout for e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org to stay current and to help advocate for kids!
Advocacy Guidelines for Local PTAs
- Political Activity for Nonprofits
- What your PTA can do during an election
- PTAs and Political Campaigns
- Should Your PTA Make the 501(h) Election for Lobbying Expenditures?
- Election H Form
- Collaboration and Coalitions
- Busy Parent’s Guide to Child Advocacy
Public Employees and Political Campaigns
- Parent Engagement in Student Achievement– Includes the most current resources from Oregon Department of Education, Oregon Education Association, National Education Association and National PTA, to help all students achieve at their highest potential under new curriculum and assessments.
- Oregon PTA Legislative Advocacy Resources– Includes contact information for elected officials, education agencies, and OPTA’s education partners.
- Promise of Oregon– Students are the Promise of Oregon! Get involved in this great campaign supporting kids and public education!
- Register to Vote